It's a Dog's Life is the fifth episode of the first season of Murder, She Wrote.
Man's best friend gets a bad rap when a fox hunter dies in a riding accident and the authorities try to blame the heir to his estate - his beloved pooch.
- James Hampton as Vet
- Sandy Ward as Barnes
- Robert Cornthwaite as Coroner
- Donna Anderson Marshall as Miss Sampson
- Greg Norberg as Gary
- Bernard McDonald as Master of the Hunt
- Brian Mozur as Anthony
- Dan O'Herlihy and Robert Cornthwaite had previously appeared with Angela Lansbury in the 1955 film The Purple Mask.
- In the first party scene, spike marks can be seen on the floor as Jessica and Denton walk across the room.
- After Jessica and a deputy look for a bicycle clip on the side of the road, the scene switches to where Jessica is on a horse and Echo rides up on her horse in front of the barn, you clearly see the complete head and upper torso of a man in a red shirt lying on the ground directly in front of Jessica Fletcher's horse.
- After Teddy was drugged and bit someone the lawyer tells them that they are positive that Teddy wasn't rabid. The only two ways to proof something like that is a ten day quarantine or by a post-mortem (after death) examination of brain tissue. Neither of these two things happened.
- After Denton's fall, Jessica jumps off her horse and turns towards the camera; it is clearly a stand-in and not Angela Lansbury.
- It's a Dog's Life at the Internet Movie Database